Sunday, August 28, 2005

MRI

I had my MRI Friday evening. It went well. I have never had an MRI, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. My doctor asked if I was claustrophobic. He also mentioned it had a lot of clanging and loud noises, and asked if that would bother me. Well, neither have before, so I didn't think they would bother me now.

Luckily, I can still say I am not claustrophobic, and loud noises still do not bother me. If you are claustrophobic, or loud noises do bother you, and you have to have an MRI, I suggest you have them sedate you. The space is quite close, and the noise can get quite loud, even with the earplugs. For me, it wasn't so bad. It lasted about 45 minutes or so. I kind of felt like Hannibal Lecter in "Silence of the Lambs". They had me lay down on this narrow conveyer belt like thing. They put my head in this harness, and brought over top a couple of layers of supports to hold my head in place during the MRI. These are what reminded me of Hannibal Lecter. If you are afraid of being confined in any way, or claustrophobic, you'd be in misery during this test.

I just laid there, most of the time with my eyes closed. Not much to look at except a white surface while in the MRI tube. The doctor mentioned I might get to listen to some music, but no such luck. That would have been nice. It would have at least kept me from being bored.

I should find out the results from the test Monday, but what I am wondering most about is "Did this give me a magnetic personality?"

No comments: