Monday, September 19, 2005

Getting That Game Maker Itch Again

When I was younger, my dream was to be a game programmer. Not just any game programmer though. I had a particular plan in mind. My goal was to work for Psygnosis, and write video games for the Amiga. Well, today that dream has long since faded to the recesses of my mind. That is until today when I read that there is a game development kit for the Mac that looks to make it possible to create games without writing code. All the fun, none of the pain. Now, one of my friends who writes games for a living is probably thinking in the back of his mind, "Why on earth would you want to write games for a living! The hours are terrible! The stress is high! And the pay is lackluster! Get out while you can!" Well, he's right. I don't want to write them for a living, but to get back into creating small games for my personal pleasure, and maybe some games for the kids, would just be great!

No comments: