Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Hurricane Names

I was reading an interesting article discussing that the allotted names for this year's hurricanes are just about to run out. If that's the case, they'll start using the Greek alphabet. In reading, I learned more than I ever knew about naming hurricanes. One thing that struck me as odd is the fact that they only allot 21 names, and the letters q, u, x, y and z are not used. Now instead of using the Greek alphabet, why not just use those letters, and should you reach the end, why not just start over at a? That would make sense to me, but of course I am not nearly as smart as a meteorologist (sarcasm). So, in an effort to get the ball rolling on this, I propose the following names for the unused letters:


  • Quinton

  • Ulma

  • Xavier

  • Yasmin

  • Zelma


No comments: