Thursday, November 17, 2005

Kaboom

I have been dabbling for a little bit with TNT Basic. I used to do a little game programming some years back on my Amiga computer. It was so much fun, but since I have moved on from that platform to Linux, and now the Mac, I have been missing writing fun little games. So, when I stumbled on TNT Basic, I was thrilled!

To make a long story short, I recreated a very basic version of Kaboom. The graphics are not that great, terrible in fact. The game does play well, though, and is quite challenging. It should work on Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X.

Once you download the game, and un-stuffit, just drag the game to wherever you want. To quit the game at any time, press Q. To pause the game, press ESCAPE. While paused, you can take a screenshot, or you can minimize it to do other tasks. To start the game after it has loaded, simply click the mouse. The madbomber will start moving and dropping bombs. He drops 10 bombs per level. So on level one, he drops 10. On level two, he drops 20, and so on. When you catch all the bombs for a level, the madbomber will stop to give you a break. When you are ready for the next level, click the mouse button. If you happen to miss a bomb, and you will miss eventually, all the bombs explode, and you lose your bottom most bucket. Click the mouse button to begin again. The madbomber will slow down a little for you. When you have missed 3 bombs, the game is over. If you want to start a new game click the mouse button.

Download Kaboom

Enjoy!

No comments: