Saturday, November 12, 2005

Why Open Source is Great

I have been using Flock for some time now as my browser of choice. The feature I love most is the integration with del.icio.us bookmarks. One thing that was slightly annoying was that it prompted to login to my del.icio.us account each time I started it up even though I had saved my username and password to the preferences. I believe that the developers chose to do it this since Flock allows for multiple del.icio.us accounts. That's a cool feature too, but I don't use it. So, I posted a question to this problem of mine, and got some feedback that they had been thinking on a way to handle this very problem. Well, I proposed a solution. And this evening, I download the latest hourly build of Flock, and it looks like they used my solution. Very cool!

No comments: