Saturday, January 07, 2006

Photo of the Day

We went to see Disney on Ice tonight. It was a great show, and was all about the princesses. Each and every princess was there, but the main focus (half of the show) was on Cinderella. That would be alright if your little girl's favorite wasn't Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty, or Briar Rose for the informed). But each princess got a good bit of stage time, so it was alright.

This is my favorite shot from the night. I got this near the end of the show. I finally got my camera set up well by then, and the lighting was better as well. Next year, I am getting front row so I won't have to worry so much about the lighting.

One thing I thought was funny was that the event staff came around, and told me I couldn't film or use zoom. Little does she know I have zoom, and used it the whole night. It ain't much, only 3X, but without that the shots are near worthless from where we were sitting. What she doesn't know won't hurt her. I just think it is so silly for them to prohibit video and zoom lens. I know they are just trying to sell their videos, but its ridiculous. I mean, I can film all I want at all of the official Disney shows at Walt Disney World.

Overall, it was a great show, though. I think it was a little longer than the past few years. This year, counting the fifteen minute intermission, the show was 2 hours. I think most of the shows in the past were about fifteen to thirty minutes shorter. If you get the chance, I definitely recommend going to see this one, particularly if you have a little girl who likes the princesses, and even more so if she likes Cinderella.

No comments: