Wednesday, January 04, 2006

What a Day

Today has been quite the day. I awoke this morning not knowing anything of the mining tragedy, or the two reports that were printed by the same paper, as well as many other papers. I had stayed up late not watching sports, and not watching the news awaiting a press conference. There were many who did, but I was not one of them. I awoke, and thought of the day much like any other.

It was a little different, though. I was able to attend the first gathering of Charleston, WV area bloggers. Some have called it CAB... Others, the WV Bloggers meeting. It was a lot of fun, and I thoroughly enjoyed putting some faces to words. We discussed a variety of topics, from technology to the mining tragedy to who the authors of other blogs who didn't show up to the meeting. Of course everyone had coffee, and there were some scones consumed as well. We shared some "Hail-Mary" photos, even a "Hail-Mary" shot courtesy of a NASA satellite.

This evening my day was brought to a wonderful close while attending services at church. We had a great worship time, and it really helped to put things in perspective.

And now, I am just unwinding from the day's activities, thinking about what tomorrow may bring.

No comments: